CCP Games 2013-Present
Seniour Software Engineer at CCP games, mostly working on EVE Online. Have taken part in redoing the new player experience two times (opportunity system, and inception NPE), was the primary engineer on the notification system. Generally work on the full stack, client and server being python, while database is Microsoft SQL server stored procedures.
Cake pop party is a social cake pop making and sharing app for iOS with social feature. You can share your creations, comment on others and rate them. Website here
Senior/Lead Programmer. I started the project and was a part of it to the end, picked technologies to use on the client side and implemented the core features in the creation part of the game. Also dealt with technical communication with the client and the art studio. I was mentoring a junior programmer on the project (who was coming from assembly 20 years ago)
Team size : 3-6
Godsrule is a multi platform village management RTS hybrid “Mid-core” MMO published by Sega.
- Multi-platform (ios, web, air)
- Real time PvP & PvE combat
- Persistant world
- Lead client programmer, programming core features like Real-time combat, as well as doing optimisations with focus on iPad. Communicating with game design & art leads over the course of the project.
- 3-4 Client programmers
- 1-2 Game designers
- 3-4 Artists
- 1-3 Server programmers
- 1 Quality assurance
Soft freak fiesta was a simultaneous turn based multiplayer game in which the objective was to beat the opponent either by killing him with pure force or throwing them out of the map. Each player selected what their freaks should do, when both players had selected their move the turn played out. This was repeated until one player got rid of the opponents freaks, or everyone died.
- Multiplayer over bluetooth & Internet
- Multiple races with different abilities
- Multiple game-modes and levels
- Objective-C & Objective-C++, CocoaTouch, OpenGL es 1.0, Box2D
- Programmer. Came into the project quite early, programmed a lot of the gameplay features & multiplayer, made some improvements on the core-framework/engine. Was the first commercial game I worked on.
- 2 Programmers
- 1 Game designer
- 1 Artist
- Facebook Flash/AS3 multiplayer game
- Build & fight your way towards Althingi (parlament)
- Customizable avatars
- Actionscript 3, Adobe flash, Java, Smartfox server (Java), mysql
- Client: Post release support and new features
- Load testing & server optimization
- Game design support & analytics
- iOS action puzzler published by big fish
- Gorgeous graphics and fun gameplay
- Objective-C, Cocoa, CocoaTouch, Cocos2D, Box2d
- Post-release in game features & bug fixing
- Programming Asian localisation (Chinese, japanese, korean)
- Hex grid, turn based tile strategy meets magic the gathering
- Was working prototype, but focus went on other projects
- Objective-C, CocoaTouch, Smartfox server (python)
- Lone programmer, both server & client, client in Objective-C, server in python
- iOS action puzzler
- CocoaTouch, C#, XNA
- Re-release consulting, experiments in porting it to XNA, small post-release bug fixes.
Midi.is – 2006-2009
- Designed and programmed a movie ticketing system
- Both the client residing on the POS systems as well as an admin system.
- Web services and database programming.
- Scanning solution for Herjólfur (scanning sold tickets)
- Support and service of multiple ticket systems (Theaters, Concerts, Boat)
- C#, windows forms, WPF, ms-sql & ADO.net
- database and related web services.
- Used by all the icelandic movie theatres,
- now used by Smárabíó, háskólabíó, borgarbíó, laugarásbíó and bíó paradís
- midi.is website
Videntifier technologies – 2009
- Worked on the client and webservice side of their multi-platform video identification solution(Videntifier)
- Ruby, C++, QT, MFC
- Multi-platform client for their video identification platform